- On Feb. 5, after more than six months of investigations, the Bulgarian government announced that it believed Hizbullah was responsible for the attack last July that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver and injured dozens more in the resort town of Burgas.
- This report is significant because a European Union member state, Bulgaria, explicitly pointed a finger at Hizbullah and lifted the veil on the group’s continued terrorist activities. Europe can no longer ignore the threat that this group poses to the Continent and to the world.
- Hizbullah first gained notoriety in 1983 after bombing the U.S. Embassy in Beirut – an attack that killed 63 people. Shortly thereafter, Hizbullah bombed the American and French Marine Barracks in Beirut, killing 241 Americans and 58 French service members.
- European governments must respond swiftly. They must disrupt its operational networks, stop flows of financial assistance to the group, crack down on Hizbullah-linked criminal enterprises and condemn the organization’s leaders for their continued pursuit of terrorism.
- The U.S. applauds those countries that have long recognized Hizbullah’s nefarious nature. Europe must now act collectively and respond resolutely to this attack by adding Hizbullah to the EU’s terrorist list.
A victory for factual and historical truth. A knife in the gut of palestinianism, which is nothing less than a movement to ethnically cleanse Jews from their historical homeland. Via Washington Post:
The U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday, in a 344-36 vote, passed a nonbinding resolution that urges President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton “to oppose unequivocally any endorsement” of a UN report that accuses Israeli forces of war crimes in Gaza last winter. Twenty-two representatives voted “present.”
More information via Rep. Berman’s Response to Goldstone on House Gaza War-Crimes Resolution:
* After Judge Richard Goldstone wrote to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Howard Berman (D-Calif.) to say that a resolution denouncing Goldstone’s report was factually inaccurate, Berman prepared a reply discussing some factual inaccuracies in the Goldstone report:
* Goldstone: The “mandate clearly included rocket and mortar attacks on Israel.”
Berman: “The broadened mandate Justice Goldstone sought was discussed, but not voted on, at a UNHRC plenary session. It was then announced via a press release in an altered formulation, more restrictive than the formulation envisioned by Justice Goldstone. The UNHRC did not create a new mandate.”
* When summarizing the results of investigations into alleged Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians, the report states that “in none of the cases reviewed were there any grounds which could have reasonably induced the Israeli armed forces to assume that the civilians attacked were in fact taking a direct part in the hostilities.” The report does not take into account that Israeli soldiers were operating under fire, in an extremely volatile and dangerous environment, in which the enemy was hiding among a civilian population.
* The report uncritically attributes numerous statements to “Gaza Authorities” (meaning, Hamas), while often casting doubt on information derived from the international and Israeli press and from non-government-affiliated Israelis. Perhaps most tellingly, the report appears only to cite Israeli statements when it finds such statements a useful basis for criticizing Israel.
In this pathetic world we live in, only the Jews are to be despised, and Muslims are to be exalted. Shame on Scotland and the reprehensible brown-noser Scottish Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill for releasing a mass murderer. Yet another example of how the UK has lost its moral will. Via AP:
The Scottish government says it will release Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi on compassionate grounds to allow him to return to Libya to die.
Justice secretary Kenny MacAskill said Thursday that there had been a significant deterioration in the health of al-Megrahi, who is suffering from terminal prostate cancer.
MacAskill says he is conscious that there “were deeply held feelings and that many may disagree.”
Al-Megrahi was convicted in 2001 of taking part in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 on Dec. 21, 1988. He was sentenced to life in prison.
The airliner — which was carrying mostly American passengers to New York — blew up as it flew over Scotland. All 259 people aboard and 11 on the ground died when the aircraft crashed into the town of Lockerbie.
Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi is a former Libyan intelligence officer, head of security for Libyan Arab Airlines, and director of the Centre for Strategic Studies in Tripoli, Libya. On 31 January 2001, he was convicted, by a panel of Scottish Judges sitting in a special court at Camp Zeist in the Netherlands, of 270 counts of murder for his part in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, on 21 December 1988.
Megrahi was sentenced to life imprisonment. Suffering from terminal prostate cancer, with less than three months to live, he was freed on compassionate grounds by the Scottish Government on 20 August 2009.
His release was met with controversy. His co-accused, Al Amin Khalifa Fhimah was found not guilty and was acquitted.
Statement of Director Robert S. Mueller, III, Federal Bureau of Investigatio:
We are deeply disappointed over the decision to release Abdel Basset Mohamed al-Megrahi from prison. Mr. Megrahi’s guilt was firmly established by the court. His conviction resulted in a life sentence for his part in the loss of 270 innocent lives, including 189 Americans. He never admitted to his role in this act of terrorism, nor did he or the government of Libya disclose the names or roles of others who were responsible.
In a case of mass murder over Lockerbie, Mr. Megrahi served less than 14 days per victim. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those victims today, for the ongoing pain and loss caused by this horrific attack.
The Muslim Taliban have published a codex that offers the right and wrong way to kill, kidnap and maim — and, deems government officials and GIs as perfect targets. Via FoxNews.
WARDAK PROVINCE, Afghanistan — As elections draw near in Afghanistan, it appears the Taliban are launching a hearts-and-minds campaign of their own.
In recent weeks, Mullah Mohammad Omar, commander of Taliban forces, has released a code-of-ethics handbook that, among other directives, warns his followers not to conscript children or target innocent people. It also says bombs should be used to kill only government officials and coalition soldiers.
In the 62-bullet-point handbook, homicide bombers get specific instructions. They are to “be fully-educated in their mission”; they are to target “high ranking people”; and they are to “try your best to avoid killing local people.”
Taliban followers are further prohibited from smoking cigarettes, using captured vehicles for their personal use, cutting noses, lips or ears off detainees, and drafting “youngsters that have no beard.”
The handbook — written in Pashto and obtained through U.S. military sources — is entitled “Afghanistan Islamic Emirate Rules and Regulations,” and it is addressed to the “Mujahideen Pashto,” or Taliban commanders.
And that’s exactly what is happening in Australia. Via TheAge:
Victoria remains under a shroud of smoke and grief today with thousands homeless and at least 134 people dead after the worst bushfires in Australia’s history.
Entire towns were wiped out in the weekend’s fires, which the Prime Minister described as hell’s fury unleashed.
Victorian Premier John Brumby has announced there will a Royal Commission into Victoria’s devastating bushfires as the toll now tops 134 and is expected to rise considerably more.
At least 800 homes have been destroyed, more than 330,000ha burnt out and some fires may take weeks to contain.
An expert says the scale of the bushfire injuries is worse than those seen in the Bali bombing – and politicians are warned the Victorian bushfire death toll may double.
“Hell and all its fury has visited the good people of Victoria in the past 24 hours,” Australian prime minister Mr Rudd said during a visit to the fire-ravaged Yarra Valley.
“Many good people now lie dead. Many others lie injured.
“This is an appalling tragedy for Victoria but, because of that, it’s an appalling tragedy for the nation.”
“The nation grieves with Victoria tonight.”
According to TheAge, Muslims called for the burning of Australia back in 2008:
Australia has been singled out as a target for “forest jihad” by Islamic extremists urging Muslims to deliberately light bushfires as a weapon of terror.
US intelligence channels earlier this year identified a website calling on Muslims in Australia, the US, Europe and Russia to “start forest fires”, claiming “scholars have justified chopping down and burning the infidels’ forests when they do the same to our lands”.
The website, posted by a group called the Al-Ikhlas Islamic Network, argues in Arabic that lighting fires is an effective form of terrorism justified in Islamic law under the “eye for an eye” doctrine.
Islam, the fraudulent “religion of peace.”
Forensic proof and evidence that the UN school incident was a staged bit of child murder on the part of Hamas.
The school, which stored Hamas’ munitions amid the Gazans sheltering there, exploded after the Israelis returned fire from terrorists likely seeking to cause civilian deaths. Further evidence exists that — per Beslan — Hamas wired the building for detonation. Via LawHawk:
More recent reports indicate that Hamas had boobytrapped the school, and that Hamas set off the explosions resulting in the multiple casualties.
The intended effect was to get the media to blame Israel for the carnage; some will inevitably do so regardless of the facts, but the fact is that Hamas uses human shields and purposefully uses UN and UNRWA facilities from which to carry out their evil intentions.
UNRWA and the UN bear special responsibility for this conflict since they have repeatedly gone out of their way to look the other way as Hamas has built up its military capabilities, while making demands of Israel to concede more of its security to terrorists.
Another way to look at this is that Hamas tried to pull a Beslan massacre. They rigged the school to blow, killing as many people as possible. In both instances, jihadis were responsible for the carnage and the hoped-for victims were mostly children.
Israeli soldiers uncovered a weapons cache at another school in Gaza.
The IDF reports that they recovered bodies of Hamas terrorists at the school location.
As a vivid reminder of what Israel is up against, here’s Hamas busy firing kassams from outside a Gaza school in 2007. Some things don’t change. They’re still at it today:
So, keep that in mind as the reports come in on the incident in Gaza.
Palestinian girl blames Hamas
by Barbara Crook and Itamar Marcus
The following is the full transcript of the interview.
Transcript of the full interview:Girl: We were sleeping seven girls in the room.We were asleep and didn’t know what was happening. In the morning all the bricks were on top of my head, and the heads of all my sisters. My four-year-old sister next to me was dead.Interviewer: How many were you?Girl: Seven. In the other room were my mother, my father, my younger brother and another sister, who is 13 days old.Girl: I say Hamas is the cause, in the first place, of all wars, it’s Hamas.[PA TV (Fatah), Dec. 29, 2008]
by Itamar Marcus and Barbara Crook
A Palestinian girl whose family members was killed yesterday in Gaza after an Israeli air attack was interviewed today on Palestinian TV and placed the blame for the war on Hamas:
[Girl] ”We were sleeping 7 girls in the room. We were asleep and didn’t know what was happening. In the morning all the bricks were on top of my head, and the heads of all my sisters. My 4 year old sister next to me was dead.”[Interviewer] “How many were you?”
[Girl] “Seven.In the other room were my mother, my father, my yonger brother and another sister, who is 13 days old. I say, Hamas is the cause, in the first place, of all wars.”